My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia area, United States

I'm 37 and live in the Philadelphia area.

Monday, June 18, 2007

OK, here are my changes

I didn't make a huge amount of changes, but I deleted some and replaced them with others that seemed more important over the next couple of years.

18. I changed this from mentoring a child to teaching a child or an adult how to read.

22. This one is actually done -- re-read Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace." His books have really been helping me focus on getting rid of my debt.

23. This was about catching up on my framing, but now focuses on teaching myself how to do it in order to save money.

26. This one is also done - read Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover." I was hesitant at first, thinking it would be the same as the other. However, both books are very good and useful for different reasons, and I'm glad I have read and own both so that I can go back when I need inspiration.

27. Read Mary Hunt's "Debt-Proof Living." I'm reading this one this month. I've heard she has some ideas that work very well with the Ramsey plan and that's good. The more I read about this stuff, the more motivated I am.

49. Get $10k in savings. This will be my 3-6 months expenses so that if something happens I'm OK financially.

50. If I follow my plan, I'll have all my debts paid off except for the student loan by the time my 1001 days are up. I'm looking forward to it.

81. Replace livingroom tables -- this is in progress. I have a table I inherited from my grandmother, made by my grandfather. However, I'm not using it for much at the moment because it has a loose leg. Once I find someone who can help me fix it I'm going to replace one of the glas tables with it. The other glass table will also go. I don't think I'll replace that one, as I need to get steps for Smokey to get in the window (he's 13 and getting arthritic) and they will take up the space where that table currently sits.

84. Start funding my retirement with 15% of my income. I'm not sure if I'll be able to start this within the 1001 days or not, but I put it here to help remind me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home