My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia area, United States

I'm 37 and live in the Philadelphia area.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Finished a few more on my list

I knew I had finished a few books on here, but there are some other items that I finished that I forgot I had listed here. Cool!

39. Read Beowulf: Finished it pretty quickly. I actually enjoyed it. I'm planning on getting Cliff's Notes so that I can study it a bit more like I would in class. I'm interested in learning more about Old English and think I might be able to do it that way. I'm also going to read the essay Tolkien wrote about it. The only thing that got to me was how many times some of the stories were repeated -- instead of just saying "Beowulf told the king how he bested Grendel and his mother" they go through the whole story again. I guess it's more poetic to do it that way. :)

47. Buy something for Mo she wouldn't buy for herself: Mo is my sister. She buys fantastic work clothes as she's a corporate attorney and has to look the part. However, last time we were together she commented on my "leisure wear" and that all of hers is stuff that is leftover, nothing she actually buys as comfy clothes. So, for her birthday a few days ago I sent her some nice blue cotton pjs from Macys. It's something she just wouldn't buy for herself.

62. Read Last of the Mohicans: I enjoyed this book, but probably won't reread it. It took a while to get going and the archaic way of speaking got on my nerves a bit. I liked the actual story, though, and am glad I read it. I've always loved the Daniel Day-Lewis movie, and still do, but there are a lot of differences. I won't go into details, but if anyone watches the movie instead of reading the book for a test or book report, they'll be in big trouble!

68. Try a new food: Did that today at my department's holiday party at Lucky Strike Lanes. We ordered a bunch of appetizers and they had fried mac & cheese. I was good and only had one, but it was YUMMY! I'm sure that one piece had enough calories for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home