My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia area, United States

I'm 37 and live in the Philadelphia area.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Scratched one of the list!

I finished Pete Hamill's Downtown: My Manhattan last night. I really enjoyed it and definitely plan on reading more of his books, both nonfiction and fiction. I'm curious to read his fiction, as he seems like such a good storyteller. Between seeing him on that documentary and reading some of his work, I think he'd be great at telling stories around a campfire or anywhere else to a bunch of people. He just has one of those voices, and a way of speaking plainly yet intelligently.

I just ordered Beowulf from Amazon, so we'll see how that goes when I start it. I have no idea if I'm going to like it, but I figure I'll check it out and see and if I don't like it I don't HAVE to read it. That's the beauty of reading the classics for pleasure -- if it's not pleasurable, I don't have a professor telling me I must read it anyway. :) After all, I don't know if anything is worse than Ulysses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home